There are some great resources on the web for the Type 1 Diabetes community. We've included some of our favorites below. If you have suggestions for resources to add to this page, please fill out the form and let us know.
organizations you should visit
These are some of the organizations doing amazing work for people with Type 1 Diabetes. If you know of others that we should add, fill out the form above.
- Beyond Type 1-A great website with amazing resources on Type 1 life and care and digital opportunities to connect with other T1Ds
- Autoimmune Advocacy Alliance - Organization working on awareness, advocacy and research for the autoimmune disease community.
- JDRF - Nation’s largest charitable supporter of Type 1 Diabetes research.
- American Diabetes Association - Nation’s oldest diabetes organization, funding research, programs and advocacy.
- Benaroya Research Institute - Nonprofit center housed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle that focuses on autoimmune disorders.
- Pacific Northwest Diabetes Research Institute - Private nonprofit biomedical and clinical research institute in Seattle.
- POKED (Parents of Kids Experiencing Diabetes) - A great Facebook group for parents of children with T1D.
- Children with Diabetes - Hosts Friends for Life conferences to provide education and support for children with diabetes and their families.
- Diabetes Scholars Program - Know a Type 1 student heading off to college? Visit this organization to learn about scholarship opportunities.
- College Diabetes Network - The CDN’s mission is to empower and improve the lives of college students living with Type 1 diabetes through peer support and access to information and resources, with chapters at colleges and universities all over the nation.
- Team Type 1 - Having diabetes doesn’t stop this group of high performance athletes, it fuels them.
- Sports and Diabetes Group NW - Northwest group helping athletes with Type 1 Diabetes learn training and performance strategies.
- Diabetes TrialNet - International network of researchers from more than 200 medical centers dedicated to studying the detection, prevention and treatment of diabetes.
- Diabetes Education and Camping Association (DECA) - You can find camps for campers with Type 1 Diabetes organized by state.
- Rock Against Diabetes - Northwest-based group that promotes music events to raise diabetes awareness and money for diabetes research.
- Diabetes Advocates - a project of the Diabetes Hands Foundation. They lobby, hold conferences, and keep people informed about issues affecting the diabetes community and how people can weigh in.
- We Are Diabetes - Many T1Ds suffer from an eating disorder. We Are Diabetes is one of the only resources to people in the USA to help.