We need your help!
ConnecT1D is a volunteer-run and managed nonprofit organization and depends on its volunteers to fulfill its mission. We have listed some key areas that we are actively seeking volunteers to fill below. If you have a skill or interest that you think might be of use, please let us know via the form below.
Board of Directors
ConnecT1D is seeking passionate and motivated people to help grow and lead our organization.
- Provide mission-based oversight of the non-profit's activities and staff
- Create strategic goals for growth and development of the organization
- Approves and monitors annual budget and secures funding for programming
- Serve as a board lead on a key program area for the organization or as a member of the executive committee
Additionally, board members are expected to:
- Attend monthly evening board meetings
- Attend a full-day annual board retreat
- Serve on 1 board committee and complete tasks for that workgroup
- Participate in fundraising efforts for the organization, including hosting a table at our annual event, and making an annual personally significant gift that reflects ConnecT1D as a philanthropic priority
- Enhance community connections to ConnecT1D to new partners, program participants, sponsors and fellow Type 1 Diabetes organizations
- Passion for or connection to our mission
- Experience with successful collaboration in teams and/or leadership of teams
- Experience in at least one area: non-profit governance, community organizing, fund development, health/social support programs, marketing/outreach, finance/accounting, program development, strategic planning
- Prior board experience highly desirable
ConnecT1D's programming success is due to the work of our amazing Volunteers. Current volunteer needs include
- Fundraising Committee: Help us plan fun events for the Type 1 Community while helping to raise funds for ConnecT1D's amazing programs for T1D children and adults.
- Events Committees: Help plan the Teen Leadership Retreat, Family Camp or Adult Retreat
Pick a time and place to host a fun meetup in your area and we'll help bring the T1D folks in your community together to hang out. Hosts needed for:
- Tween/Teen Social Meetups
- GetFit meetups (walk, hike, bike ride)
- Adult T1D meetups (dinner, bowling, sporting events, you name it!)
- Child & Family or Parent Night Out meetups
ConnecT1D has opportunities for internships for interested students. Internships can be formal or informal depending on the students' academic or work requirements. Interns help in a variety of ways - from providing administrative support to designing and running programs - and we're always looking for great interns to help us accomplish our mission.
- A desire to help grow ConnecT1D
- Reliable and dedicated commitment to the internship.