Table Host Registration &Toolkit
ConnecT1D Founders Dinner
Thursday May 25th, 2017
Doors open 6pm
for a Wine Reception
Fare Start, 700 Virginia St, Seattle, WA
Thank you for your interest in being a Table Host for the Founders Dinner! By bringing together friends, family, and colleagues for this lovely evening of connection and community, you will be greatly supporting ConnecT1D's mission to enhance the lives of those with Type 1 Diabetes.
Table Hosts commit to bringing guests to a table and help us extend our reach to allies and champions of the Type 1 Diabetes community. We appreciate your support in reaching out to guests who are energized to invest in the power of social connection and support and help make our ConnecT1D Family Camp a reality for over the 250 children & families members who will attend Camp this October.
While there is no cost to attend the event, we are aiming for a minimum contribution per guest of $250 (the value of a child scholarship to Family Camp) and ask that you set a goal for your table and encourage your guests to join your efforts to make that donation goal a reality towards supporting ConnecT1D's Family Camp.
Table Host Commitment:
- Table Hosts sign up to be a host (by May 10th) and pledge how many seats you will fill for the dinner
- Invite your friends, family, or colleagues as guests at a wonderful 3-course dinner with a local guest chef Jason Stoneburner and encourage them to plan to make a gift to ConnecT1D at the event
Table Host Toolkit
Now that you are registered as a Table Captain, here are some tools to assist you in inviting Founders Dinner guests who will join you as a Champion for children with Type 1 Diabetes and their families:
1) INVITE YOUR GUESTS
- Downloadable Invitation:
Insert this Founders Dinner Invitation Directly into your email or a social media message to give guests key details.
- Make the Case:
Tell your guests about Family Camp. Share why you are passionate about ConnecT1D or what the power of social connection & support for T1D children and families means to you. Let your guests know how much their support matters to the health and well-being of a community you deeply care about. Here's some details about Camp & Founders Dinner that you could include in your invitation:
This year, local non-profit ConnecT1D will run it's 6th annual Family Camp for children with Type 1 Diabetes and their families. This special camp brings families together in connection, support, and fun-filled activities for over 250 attendees. Parents attend workshops from top providers, researchers, and peer leaders in the Type 1 community while children become dia-buddies with new friends at camp and enjoy adventures with inspiring T1D teen and adult camp counselors. Children learn diabetes self-management tips from one another and often report increased confidence and improved self-image after attending Camp. Families tell us this weekend is an incredibly powerful way to get connected to the Type 1 community and build support and connections that last long beyond camp.
The ConnecT1D Family Camp costs over $60,000 to develop,staff,house, feed & provide a weekend of memory making experiences to our nearly 350 attending family members and volunteers. Each year our scholarship requests increase with more and more families unable to afford even the subsidized cost of camp. Founders Dinner is THE primary fundraising event for Family Camp and we need your help to make our Camp a reality and keep it accessible to all families.
2) REGISTER YOUR GUESTS BY MAY 15TH
As your guests RSVP to you, gather key contact details and register them with ConnecT1D so we can hold their spot, request their dietary needs, and send event updates:
3) ENGAGE YOUR GUESTS LEADING UP TO THE EVENT
- Email/Text/Phone reminders leading up to the event, keep the Founders Dinner on their minds in the busyness of Spring
- Challenge your guests to make an impact: Share your giving plans or set a giving goal for your party to rise towards.
4) MAKE SURE YOUR GUESTS CAN GET TO THE DINNER
Travelling to a new location for an event can be stressful, help ensure a smooth evening for your guests:
- Make sure your communications include details on how to get to Farestart (700 Virginia St, Seattle, WA 98101) AND where to park. **Important parking note: some garages in the area close before our event is done. There is only one garage that is both open late (until 10pm) AND has validated parking to reduce parking fees to a flat fee of $6: 1918 8th Ave Garage (up and across the street from Farestart)
- Better yet, carpool to arrive together
5) ENJOY THE EVENING!
Once you and your guests have arrived, relax and enjoy an evening of great conversation, delicious food, and wonderful company as we celebrate how ConnecT1D has grown, the leaders who made it all happen and the future of Family Camp!