The ConnecT1D Adult Retreat
Clearwater Resort in Suquamish, Washington ~ June 23 & 24, 2018
Check out the pics below!
Has a cupcake ever saved your life? Us too! The ConnecT1D Adult Retreat is all about tapping into a community of people who get you. Come spend a weekend with us as we live it up doing fun activities--all related to promoting social connection and emotional wellness while living with T1D.
The Who, Why & What: The ConnecT1D Adult Retreat is an opportunity for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D) and their partners (T3s) to come together for a weekend retreat in Suquamish, WA (just a ferry ride away from Seattle) to learn, share and connect around the experience of living with T1D. Through humor, compassion and honesty, national and local speakers will lead workshops on a variety of topics addressing the psychological and social aspects of the unique life that is living with this chronic condition. Guest vendors will share the latest technology, devices, resources, and services in the T1D world and allow hands on opportunities to see the latest T1D management tools.
2018 REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
But be sure to sign up to receive updates so you don't miss out on next year's!
When: Saturday, June 23rd- Sunday, June 24th. Registration opens at 9am and the Retreat runs through Sunday afternoon.
How much: Early Bird Registration is $220. After March 15th, the cost is $250.
Retreat Registration includes:
- Keynote by speaker Ginger Vieira, author of insightful articles and books about living with diabetes, a cognitive coach, and a competitive power lifter
- Workshops put on by local expert speakers, providers and facilitators (who either have T1D or a close connection to someone who does) on topics including:
- Patient advocacy and how to make a difference in the changing political climate
- Ask questions and get answers from our panel of diabetes health care specialists
- T1D research pathways
- Emotional well being with mindful meditation
- Staying active with T1D in our athlete's panel and outdoor yoga class
- Separate sessions for T1D men, T1D women and Partners (T3) where attendees can share experiences unique to living with T1D
- Even a Diabetes 102 for partners wanting to learn more about the logistics of T1D and how to be helpful in practical ways
- Health & Vendor Fair with exhibitor booths and reps from companies offering the latest and greatest technological advancements
- Delicious catered meals including Saturday lunch, snack, dinner, and Sunday breakfast and lunch
*Registration does not include cost of hotel room. If you stay onsite (and we highly suggest you do!), you can book a room in our block at a discounted rate. We recommend reserving your room ASAP as outside of our room block, the hotel is already booked for that weekend and our block of rooms will fill up! Reservations under room block cannot be made after June 1st.
Thinking about coming? Get a feel for what you're in for by learning about the ConnecT1D Adult Retreat (aka diabetes camp for grown ups) in years past!
If you've been with us before, we are so happy to have you as a part of our community. If you were not there, well, let this be encouragement to join us this year!
It all began with a ferry ride to Bainbridge, followed by a welcoming and meaningful keynote from Mike Lawson. Then there were workshops on research, technology, how we define ourselves and push ourselves. We learned, laughed and got to know each other. After dinner, some danced at the casino, others played games by the fire and some just relaxed in the really nice digs at the Suquamish Resort. The next day early morning yoga was followed by breakout sessions to share about life with T1D. There were raffle prizes galore at the weekend wrap up. We got to know each other even better and had to say goodbye to new friends. What stays is a sense of belonging to a community that gets us. Until next year, stay connected!
Scenes from our 2nd ConnecT1D Adult Retreat in 2017:
If you have pictures that you don't see in the slideshow, please email them to email@example.com and we'll post them!
Scenes from our 1st ConnecT1D Retreat in 2016:
Can't make it this year but want to make sure you don't miss out?