ConnecT1D Adult Retreat
April 22-23, 2017
Clearwater Resort in Suquamish, Washington!
REGISTRATION FOR 2017 IS NOW CLOSED, CHECK BACK LATER THIS YEAR FOR 2018 DETAILS
Has a cupcake ever saved your life? Us too! The 2nd annual ConnecT1D Adult Retreat is all about tapping into a community of people who get you. Come spend a weekend with us as we live it up doing fun activities--all related to promoting social connection and emotional wellness while living with T1D.
The ConnecT1D Adult Retreat is an opportunity for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D) and their partners (T3s) to come together for a weekend retreat in Suquamish, WA (just a ferry ride away from Seattle) to learn, share and connect around the experience of living with T1D. Through humor, compassion and honesty, national and local speakers will lead workshops on a variety of topics addressing the psychological and social aspects of the unique life that is living with this chronic condition. Guest vendors will share the latest technology, devices, resources, and services in the T1D world and allow hands on opportunities to see the latest T1D management tools.
The two-day ConnecT1D Retreat will be held at the beautiful Clearwater Resort and includes:
- Keynote address by Mike Lawson, PWD (Person with Diabetes) and Senior Director of Programs and Marketing for the Diabetes Hands Foundation (click here for full bio)
- Workshops and breakout discussion groups led by local speakers who are PWD or T3 (click here for speaker bios)
- Exciting updates on T1D Technology and Research
- Vendor fair
- Yoga session(s)--bring your yoga mat!
- Evening activities to further connect
- Overnight accommodations at the beautiful hotel resort with hot tub, indoor pool, casino
- Saturday lunch, snacks, beverages and dinner
- Sunday breakfast, lunch, beverages
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scenes from our First ConnecT1D Retreat in 2016: