Growing Connections: Strengthening our T1D Community Together
ConnecT1D is founded on the belief that life with Type 1 Diabetes is easier when we are plugged into community. This year T1D children, adults and families came together in support, connection and adventure:
ConnecT1D Family Camp held it's 5th year of bringing 250 T1D children, families, and over 70 volunteers together for a memorable weekend of:
- Researchers, panelists, and speakers for parent education and support
- Hours of play, games, crafts and adventures for Type 1 children (ages 0-12) and their siblings
- Family connection activities & events
“An incredible weekend with my fellow T1D families - we were welcomed immediately by this new community of brave, soulful and hilarious people.”-Family Camp Parent
Team ConnecT1D offers Type 1 athletes of all abilities the opportunity to show the world that Diabetes doesn't have to slow you down.
This year we expanded to a full year calendar of races of all types: running, biking, triathalons, obstacle courses, and relay races.
Over 60 participants came out for Team ConnecT1D events this year to empower & inspire the Type 1 community, no beta cells required!
This year we held our first ever ConnecT1D Retreat. Over 100 adults with Type 1 Diabetes & T3 partners spent the weekend:
- Engaging in interactive talks from nationally renowned T1D speakers
- Learning the latest in T1D management, technology, and research
- Exploring the unique T1D life through recreation, connection & relaxation in a beautiful setting
Make this an annual event, reach more Type 1 adults
ConnecT1D Family Meetups brought children with T1D and their families together laugh, play and unite in shared experience at playgrounds, a corn maze, and outdoor movie, and more.
ConnecT1D Adult Social Group chatted over dinners, happy hours, and recreation.
Growing our list of local hosts, we are finding new areas and spaces to bring Type 1 friends old & new together!
In 2017, the ConnecT1D staff, board and volunteers have big plans to:
- Reach even more Type 1 adults, children and families in our communities, including those newly diagnosed
- Grow our meetups to help you connect with Type 1 friends near you
- Plan our first ever ConnecT1D Teen Leadership Camp
- Build on the past successes, to create more connections and memories through the ConnecT1D Family Camp, ConnecT1D Retreat, & Team ConnecT1D
Here's the thing: We cannot do it without you! ConnecT1D programs rely on the generosity of donors to fund everything from family scholarships for camp, T1D expert speakers, to lots and lots of emergency low juice supplies :)
Consider: What do ConnecT1D programs mean to you? How can you be a part of connecting others with Type 1 Diabetes?
Whether a one-time donation or a recurring monthly contribution, 100% of your tax-deductible gift goes to fund our mission.